We provide high resolution HLA typing by NGS for 11-loci: HLA-A (Full gene), -B (Full gene), -C (Full gene), -DRB1 (Exon 2 – 3′ UTR), -DRB3/4/5 (Exon 2 – 3′ UTR), -DQB1 (Exon 2 – 3′ UTR), -DQA1 (Full gene), -DPB1 (Exon 2 – 3’UTR) and DPA1 (Full gene).
Sample types that can be processed for HLA typing include:
- whole blood
- cord blood
- extracted gDNA
- Other biological samples can be accepted following communication.
Whole Blood and Cord blood samples should be collected in EDTA or ACD (not heparin) and the minimum quantity required is 1 mL. Samples can be stored and shipped in RT.
DNA samples should be in a concentration >25 ng/μl and an OD 260/280 ratio between 1,7 and 1,9. The minimum quantity required is 20 μl. DNA samples can be stored and shipped in RT.
Keep in mind that correct and indelible labeling of samples is fundamental. Samples must be individually labeled with identification code and date of collection. Unlabeled specimens are not accepted, even when accompanied by paperwork bearing the patient’s name.
Complete all required fields in the HLA Typing Request Form (Sample name, date of collection, sample type, etc)
- On the submission form, provide all necessary contact and charging details
- Submit the form electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare samples for transportation. Keep in mind that, the package must be shipped according to the national legislation and the carrier’s guidelines regarding biohazardous material. Please inform appropriately and follow the instructions of your carrier for current biohazardous shipping regulations.
Packages should be addressed to:
CeMIA SA, HLA typing, 31 Makrigianni Str., GR-41334, LARISSA
- Ensure that each sample is individually labeled with identification code and date of collection.
- Ensure that all samples recorded in HLA Typing Request Form are enclosed in the shipment.
- Provide adequate protection within padded envelope or other mean of transportation.
- On the day we receive samples, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt.
Reporting of results will be performed via e-mail.